Grants and other funding programs are available for businesses from the Australian, state and territory governments, and in some cases from local councils.
Our Grants and Assistance Finder helps you locate the grants and assistance programs most relevant to your business for free. You can search through a wide variety of grants in many categories, including developing your business, innovation and education.
Some of the key features of the Grants and Assistance Finder tool include:
- it’s a free resource
- the ability to choose multiple states and territories
- a ‘favourites’ area to save grants you’re interested in
- a question and answer filter to help narrow your search results
- tabs for ‘new’ and ‘most popular’ grants.
Government agencies can request to be listed in our Grants and Assistance Finder via our Contact business.gov.au page. Please include your name, agency, name of the grant, website and contact details.
Visit our Grants and Assistance Finder to locate the grants and assistance programs most relevant to your business for free.
There is a broad range of advice and support offered by the Australian Government that you can take advantage of. These services include information and advice on starting and growing a business, obtaining funding and training for yourself and your staff.
Our Advisor Finder helps you locate government business advisory services in your area for free, and provides you with contact details to put you in touch with people who can help.
Some of the key features of the Advisor Finder tool include:
- it's a free resource
- the ability to search by the type of advice you’re looking for
- the option to select your industry and state/territory
- contact details for relevant advisors, including a map and a description of the services they provide.
Government agencies can request to be listed in our Advisor Finder via our Contact business.gov.au page. Please include your name, agency, website and contact details.
Visit our Advisor Finder to locate government business advisory services in your area.
If you're having trouble with running your business, whether it's for personal or financial reasons, contacting a counselling service can help. There are a range of personal and financial couselling services for you to take advantage of around Australia.
Our personal counselling information provides contact details for general counselling, financial counselling, family relationships counselling, and rural and drought counselling.
Where can I go for further help?
- Visit our Tools and resources page for a list of free tools and resources available on business.gov.au that can help your business start and grow.
- Our Events calendar helps you locate government events, seminars, training courses and workshops for business held around Australia.
- Our Directory of government and business associations lists contact details for federal, state, territory and local government agencies, and non-government associations that may be of assistance to businesses.
- Join business.gov.au on Facebook to get the latest business news delivered straight to your news feed.
- On Twitter? Follow us @business_gov_au.
- Watch our suite of useful business videos. You can also view our video playlists on our business.gov.au YouTube channel.
- Get the latest in business news emailed to your inbox by signing up to business.gov.au's free email updates.
- Visit our Business apps page and download our FREE Apps to complete your business planning suite.
- The Small Business Support Line (SBSL) provides small business owners with an initial point of contact to access information and referral services to improve their business sustainability and help better manage their business. Call the SBSL on 1800 777 275, use our Live Chat service or email email@example.com.