Following its 2011 Annual Wage Review, Fair Work Australia has increased the modern award minimum wages by 3.4%. This increases the minimum wage to $589.30 per week or $15.51 per hour.
The change affects employees covered by:
- the national minimum wage
- modern awards
- all transitional Australian Pay and Classification Scales
- State reference transitional awards
- Division 2B State enterprise awards.
The decision will take effect from the first pay period commencing on or after 1 July 2011. As an employer, you should check your payroll obligations before this date.
For more information on the changes to the minimum wage, visit the Fair Work Ombudsman website.
- Join business.gov.au on Facebook to get the latest business news delivered straight to your news feed and to take our quick polls.
- On Twitter? Follow us @business_gov_au.
- Watch our suite of useful business videos on our business.gov.au YouTube channel.
- Get the latest in business news emailed to your inbox by signing up to business.gov.au's free email updates.