Small business owners are being invited to provide submissions as part of a review of the Fair Work Act 2009.
The review will evaluate the past two years since the Act commenced, and will use evidence from a variety of sources including feedback from business owners.
It will also examine whether the Fair Work legislation is operating as intended in promoting:
- the creation of a clear and stable framework of rights and obligations which is simple and easy to understand
- enterprise-level collective bargaining
- fairness and representation at work
- effective procedures to resolve grievances and disputes
- unfair dismissal protection.
Written submissions are due 17 February 2012.
For more information on the review, visit the Department of Education, Employment and Workplace Relations website.
Find more business consultations like this by going to our Business Consultation website.
- Join business.gov.au on Facebook to get the latest business news delivered straight to your news feed and to take our quick polls.
- On Twitter? Follow us @business_gov_au.
- Watch our suite of useful business videos on our business.gov.au YouTube channel.
- Get the latest in business news emailed to your inbox by signing up to business.gov.au's free email updates.