Updated 9 August 2012: The closing date for entries to the Australian Innovation Challenge has now been extended to 26 August 2012.
The Australian Innovation Challenge awards 2012 are now open for submissions.
If you have an innovative idea that tackles a big problem and helps the general public, you’re invited to submit an entry into the competition.
The challenge is open to individuals and teams, and has seven professional categories including:
- environment & agriculture/food
- community services
- minerals and energy
- manufacturing and hi-tech design
An eighth category, Backyard Innovation, is open to the general public. The winning entry for each category receives a $5000 cash prize and a chance of becoming the overall winner, taking out a further $25,000 in cash.
Entries close 26 August 2012.
Find out how to enter your innovative idea by visiting The Australian Innovation Challenge website.
To find out more about how innovation can help your business, visit our Innovation business topic.
- Join us on Facebook to get the latest business news delivered straight to your news feed.
- On Twitter? Follow us @business_gov_au.
- Watch our suite of useful business videos on our business.gov.au YouTube channel.
- Get the latest in business news emailed to your inbox by signing up to business.gov.au's free email updates.