A new National Business Names Registration System is expected to commence on 28 May 2012 and will replace the current state and territory registers.
The Australian Securities and Investments Commission (ASIC) will be administering the national business names registration service.
ASIC is hosting a National Business Names Roadshow to help businesses understand the new business names register.
The Roadshow will:
- help businesses prepare for the new service
- outline the new process for registering a business name
- explain what will happen to existing registrations and how the transition from state and territory agencies will take place.
The Roadshow will visit all capital cities during April and May 2012.
For more information on the business names register, visit the ASIC website.
Read our National Business Names Registration System feature to find out how these changes will affect your business.
Visit our Registration and licences topic for more information on how to register your business name.
- Join business.gov.au on Facebook to get the latest business news delivered straight to your news feed and to take our quick polls.
- On Twitter? Follow us @business_gov_au.
- Watch our suite of useful business videos on our business.gov.au YouTube channel.
- Get the latest in business news emailed to your inbox by signing up to business.gov.au's free email updates.