SmartForms is an online form development service that government agencies can use to make it easier and quicker to deal with business.
What problem does SmartForms solve?
Many government processes begin with the submission of a form.
However, paper forms can create a lot of red tape for business and a lot of administration for government agencies. In fact, many forms received by government are illegible or inaccurate.
SmartForms helps to significantly reduce the costs and administrative overhead associated with paper forms, including:
- illegible writing
- inaccurate data
- double handling of information
- manual data entry processes, and
- slow service delivery.
How do government agencies use SmartForms?
SmartForms provide an easy and practical way for government agencies to help reduce the regulatory burden on business.
More than 160 federal, state, territory and local government agencies are already realising the benefits of using SmartForms for:
- grant applications
- licence applications
- permit applications
- secure payments
- contact and enquiry forms, and
Agencies can significantly reduce process costs when these forms are integrated with agency back of house processes.
What are the benefits?
SmartForms offers significant benefits to both government agencies and businesses, including:
- faster turnaround times for completing and processing forms
- enabling the automation and simplification of business processes
- collecting more accurate data at the first point of contact
- reducing the amount of paperwork businesses have to complete and government has to administer.
Businesses benefit further when they open an Australian Business Account which allows a business to pre-fill information into SmartForms from their account, saving them time and administration costs.
The SmartForms service has recently been upgraded
It is now even easier for government agencies across all levels of government to work smarter with the business community.
Key features and benefits of the updated SmartForms service include:
- Forms are now desktop, mobile and tablet friendly (responsive design).
- Forms are easier and quicker to build, implement and process.
- Forms can be designed to meet government website accessibility guidelines.
- Forms now work with a larger range of web-browsers ensuring more of your business customers can complete their forms.
- The analytics and reporting functions of the service have greatly improved helping you to better measure your outcomes.
- The service now better accommodates fluctuations in form demand.