International Trade Remedies Advisory Service
The International Trade Remedies Advisory Service (ITRA Service) provides assistance to Australian small and medium sized enterprises (SMEs) to help them access Australia’s anti-dumping and countervailing (anti-subsidy) system (the anti-dumping system).
The anti-dumping system aims to provide protection to Australian producers and manufacturers who have been materially injured by imported products that have been dumped (sold to Australia at a price below the domestic market price) or received certain subsidies.
The anti-dumping system affects not only Australian producers or manufacturers, but also importers and end users of foreign goods. The ITRA Service assists all users of the anti-dumping system who are SMEs.
The Anti-Dumping Commission (the Commission) administers the anti-dumping system. The ITRA Service operates independently from the Commission.
The ITRA Service helps SMEs by:
- raising awareness of how the anti-dumping system works;
- giving advice on anti-dumping and countervailing matters, including options for businesses to participate in the anti-dumping system;
- assisting with preparing applications for:
- anti-dumping or countervailing investigations; and
- all other case types (e.g. reviews, duty assessments and exemptions);
- assisting with making submissions to the Commission; and
- facilitating cooperation between SMEs to ensure applications have the required level of support.
Further information about the ITRA Service is available in the ITRA Service factsheet or by contacting the below. Information about the Commission and the anti-dumping system is available on the Commission’s website
Service areas: ACT, NSW, NT, QLD, SA, TAS, VIC, WA
Provides advice on: Import, Selling goods and services, Small business, Export, Marketing, Online business, Social media