Automotive Industry Structural Adjustment Programme
At a glance
Provides workers who have been made redundant from the automotive manufacturing industry (including component suppliers) with a range of tailored assistance and employment services to help them find employment.
Who can apply:
At a minimum, you must:
- have been made redundant from an eligible company in the automotive manufacturing industry
- have registered with a jobactive provider no later than six months after the date of your redundancy.
Other eligibility requirements may apply.
The Automotive Industry Structural Adjustment Programme supports employees, businesses and regions affected by the closure of Australia’s car manufacturing industry.
The programme can connect eligible workers with a jobactive provider to help them with:
- résumé preparation
- job applications
- interview skills
- training to obtain tickets or licences
- work experience, and
- other assistance to help them find new employment.
The jobactive provider will help the worker to build a job plan, which includes:
- activities to help them get skills that local employers are looking for
- connections to other support from government
- assistance to look for jobs each month.
jobactive providers can also access funding to pay for a worker's work-related items, plus relevant training and support after they start a new job. For eligible automotive workers, this fund includes a $1300 credit for jobactive providers to use.
Learn more about specific help for workers who have recently lost their jobs in the automotive manufacturing industry on the jobactive factsheet.
Find out more about the general support available from jobactive at Support for retrenched workers.
To be eligible, you must:
- have been made redundant in the:
- automotive manufacturing industry, or
- eligible component suppliers to the industry
- have registered with a jobactive provider within six months from the date of your redundancy.
How to apply
You must register with a jobactive provider no later than six months after the date of your redundancy.
Your jobactive provider will:
- confirm your eligibility for the programme
- need to see your letter (or other evidence) of redundancy to complete your registration.