Business Growth Grants
At a glance
Provides businesses with matched funding of up to $20,000 for the cost of hiring an expert to help with implementing the advice and strategies recommended through the Business Evaluation, Growth Services, Supply Chain Facilitation or Tourism Partnerships programmes.
Who can apply:
At a minimum, you must:
- have received a Business Evaluation Action Plan, Supplier Improvement Plan, Growth Plan, or Tourism Partnership Plan under the Entrepreneurs’ Programme
- submit your application within the eligibility timeframes (typically within six months of receiving advisory services)
- be able to fund the cost of the external service provider prior to receiving the grant.
Other eligibility requirements apply.
Business Growth Grants are one of the services of the Entrepreneurs’ Programme. You can use a Business Growth Grant to engage external expertise to help your businesses implement improvements through a:
A Business Growth Grant reimburses businesses for up to half of the cost of engaging a service provider, to a maximum of $20,000 (excluding GST). This funding supports business improvement projects.
The grant supports strategies that improve the abilities and skills of your business. It doesn’t support fixes for problems that are part of the ordinary, every day operations of your business.
To be eligible for a Business Growth Grant, you must:
- have received an Entrepreneurs’ Programme Business Evaluation Action Plan, Supplier Improvement Plan, Growth Plan, or Tourism Partnership Plan
- submit an application:
- within 6 months of receiving a Business Evaluation Action Plan, Supplier Improvement Plan or Tourism Partnership Plan, or
- within 12 months of receiving a Growth Plan.
- be implementing strategies identified in a Business Evaluation Action Plan, Supplier Improvement Plan, Growth Plan or Tourism Partnership Plan, and
- are able to fund the total value of project costs to engage the service provider before receiving the Grant.
For more information on eligible activities a business can undertake to receive a Business Growth Grant please refer to the Customer Information Guide.
How to apply
To apply for a Business Growth Grant, complete the online application form.
Your application must include a quote from a service provider to implement part, or all, the strategies in the:
- Business Evaluation Action Plan
- Growth Plan
- Supplier Improvement Plan
- Tourism Partnership Plan.
The Business Growth Grant application form takes about 30 minutes to complete.
For assistance with the application form contact us.
If your application is successful
If you meet all the eligibility criteria, the Programme Delegate will approve your application, subject to available funding.
We will contact you by email with a response within 15 working days of receiving a complete application.