At a glance
Provides groups or consortiums of tourism businesses in northern Australia access to a business facilitator and a tourism partnerships action plan to improve capability and competitiveness to increase visitors from interstate and overseas.
Who can apply:
At a minimum, you must:
- be a tourism business in northern Australia
- have an annual turnover or operating expenditure within the current or previous two financial years between $750,000 and $100 million.
Other eligibility requirements may apply.
Extension of closing date for applications
The Entrepreneurs’ Programme – Northern Australia Tourism Initiative has been extended to 31 December 2019 to provide tourism businesses in northern Australia with continued practical support to build management and business capability, improve their performance, grow and be more internationally competitive.
Please note that the previously published closing date of 31 January 2019 to submit an application has been extended. New applications for Tourism Partnerships will now not be accepted after 30 June 2019 and northern Australian tourism businesses will not be eligible to apply for other Business Management advice and facilitation services after 30 June 2019. This will allow sufficient time for participating businesses to receive advisory services from our business advisers and facilitators, and also implement key recommendations with the support of an associated business growth grant.
Participating businesses will be contacted by the Entrepreneurs’ Programme to discuss transitional arrangements.
Changes to guidelines
The guidelines for Business Management services have recently changed. You should review the Business Management Grant Opportunity Guidelines before applying.
Tourism partnerships is available to tourism businesses in northern Australia. It provides groups or consortiums of tourism businesses in northern Australia with access to an experienced business facilitator for up to 12 months to facilitate and encourage joint activities to assist the group or consortium to increase visitors from interstate and overseas. The group will create a tourism partnerships action plan so they can identify opportunities and strategies to improve capability and competitiveness to increase visitors from interstate and overseas.
At no charge to the consortium, a specialist business facilitator will:
- identify strategies for common business interests and challenges
- assist members of the group or consortium to innovate and grow together
- develop an action plan for successful collaboration
- provide on-going assistance to implement recommendations from the plan.
Following the development of a tourism partnerships action plan, each business may be eligible to apply for a Business Growth Grant to assist with the implementation of recommendations.
To apply, all participating businesses must
- be a tourism business in northern Australia
- have an Australian Business Number (ABN)
- be registered for GST
and be one of the following entities:
- a company incorporated in Australia
- an incorporated trustee applying on behalf of a trust.
You must also:
- have the intent and opportunity to engage in or increase trade in Australian markets and/or markets in other countries
- have an annual turnover or operating expenditure within the current or previous two financial years between $750,000 and $100 million
- have operated in Australia and filed business activity statements showing ongoing trading in at least three consecutive years.
You are not eligible for a tourism partnership service if you have received one in the last five years.
How to apply
Lodge your application for tourism partnerships at any time until 30 June 2019. You will be notified of the outcome of your application within ten working days.
You will need to log in or set up an account to access our online portal. The portal allows you to apply for and manage a grant or service in a secure online environment.
To apply, you must:
- complete and submit your application through the portal
- provide all the information requested
- address all eligibility criteria
- provide your tourism partnerships reference number, if you do not have a reference number please contact us on 13 28 46 for guidance.
You may apply for business advice or facilitation at any time during the life of the Business Management initiative and may apply to access more than one service.
In the application form, you will need to nominate which business advice or facilitation service will best meet your needs. For assistance with the application form, contact us.
If your application is successful, you will be put into contact with a business adviser with relevant experience in your industry.
View our Tourism Partnerships customer experiences video series.