At a glance
Provides groups of tourism businesses in northern Australia with access to an experienced Business Facilitator for over 12 months. The group will create a Tourism Partnerships Action Plan so they can identify opportunities and strategies for common business interests.
Who can apply:
At a minimum, you must:
- be a for-profit, non-tax exempt company who is registered for GST and has been operating in Australia for at least three years
- be operating in the Northern Territory or above the Tropic of Capricorn in Queensland or Western Australia
- be operating in tourism-related industries (e.g. retail, cafes, restaurants and pubs) and generate a significant portion of your revenue from visitors.
Other eligibility requirements may apply.
The Tourism Partnerships service is available to tourism businesses in northern Australia. Under the partnership, an experienced Business Facilitator will provide personal, independent assistance to:
- identify strategies for common business interests and challenges;
- innovate and grow together; and
- develop an action plan for successful collaboration.
Through the service you can get:
- access to, and active engagement with, a highly qualified and experienced independent Business Facilitator over 12 months.
- a documented action plan with recommendations for collaborating.
- assistance to implement the recommendations.
- access to apply for matched government funding up to $20,000 (GST exclusive).
Following the development of a Tourism Partnerships action plan, the group of businesses may be eligible to apply for a Business Growth Grant.
To be eligible, all businesses in your group must be:
- a for-profit company incorporated and operating in Australia;
- non tax-exempt; and
- registered for GST.
Your businesses must:
- generate a significant portion of your revenue from visitors;
- operate in tourism-related industries. This could include retailers, cafes, restaurants and pubs;
- operate in the Northern Territory or above the Tropic of Capricorn in Queensland or Western Australia;
- be a solvent company with an annual turnover or operating expenditure between $750,000 and $100 million;
- have filed business activity statements showing ongoing trading for at least three successive years; and
- have not been named by the Workplace Gender Equality Agency as an organisation that has not complied with the Workplace Gender Equality Act 2012 (Cth).
You are not eligible if you:
- have received a Tourism Partnerships service in the last five years;
- resell tickets or vouchers for tourism-related products and services; or
- are a local tourism body or regional tourism organisation.
How to apply
One business (the 'lead business') completes the application form on behalf of the group.
To apply for Tourism Partnerships, complete the online application form.
If your application is successful
If your application is successful, you will receive a written offer. A Business Facilitator will contact you to arrange a time to start the service.
If you are unsuccessful, you will also be notified in writing.