Are you looking to innovate and grow with other tourism businesses? Tourism Partnerships can provide support and practical advice to groups of tourism businesses operating in northern Australia to explore collaboration opportunities.
- Status: Open
- Applications close: Ongoing
- Delivered by: AusIndustry
The Tourism Partnerships service is available to tourism businesses in northern Australia. Under the partnership, an experienced Business Facilitator will provide personal, independent assistance to:
- identify strategies for common business interests and challenges;
- innovate and grow together; and
- develop an action plan for successful collaboration.
What support or funding is available?
- Access to, and active engagement with, a highly qualified and experienced independent Business Facilitator over 12 months.
- A documented action plan with recommendations for collaborating.
- Assistance to implement the recommendations.
- Access to apply for matched government funding up to $20,000 (GST exclusive).
Following the development of a Tourism Partnerships action plan, the group of businesses may be eligible to apply for a Business Growth Grant.
Who can apply?
All businesses in your group must be:
- a for-profit company operating in Australia;
- non tax-exempt; and
- registered for GST.
What are the eligibility criteria?
Your businesses must:
- generate a significant portion of your revenue from visitors;
- operate in tourism-related industries. This could include retailers, cafes, restaurants and pubs;
- operate in the Northern Territory or above the Tropic of Capricorn in Queensland or Western Australia;
- be a solvent company with an annual turnover or operating expenditure between $750,000 and $100 million;
- have filed business activity statements showing ongoing trading for at least three successive years; and
- have not been named by the Workplace Gender Equality Agency as an organisation that has not complied with the Workplace Gender Equality Act 2012 (Cth).
You are not eligible if you:
- have received a Tourism Partnerships service in the last five years;
- resell tickets or vouchers for tourism-related products and services; or
- are a local tourism body or regional tourism organisation.
How do I apply?
One business (the 'lead business') completes the application form on behalf of the group.
To apply for Tourism Partnerships you must complete the online application at the 'I'm ready to apply' tab.
How will I know if I am successful?
If your application is successful, you will receive a written offer. A Business Facilitator will contact you to arrange a time to start the service.
If you are unsuccessful, you will also be notified in writing.