Trade Mission Program
At a glance
Provides businesses in Victoria with support and opportunities to attend overseas trade missions to maximise their export potential and access to international markets.
Who can apply:
At a minimum, you must:
- be headquartered in Victoria or be able to demonstrate significant contribution to Victoria's exports and jobs
- be financially viable
- be currently exporting or demonstrate export readiness.
Other eligibility requirements may apply.
The Trade Mission Program helps Victorian businesses to expand their export potential with international markets by providing opportunities to:
- build international connections, foster relationships and identify partnering opportunities
- attract foreign investment
- secure local distributors and / or importers
- understand regulatory requirements in international markets
- acquire international orders for your product and / or service.
Activities undertaken on trade missions include:
- business briefings
- networking functions
- site visits
- trade exhibitions
- business matching.
Two types of trade missions are available:
- Outbound Trade Missions - takes you overseas to showcase your business's export capabilities and connect you with international markets
- Inbound Trade Missions - welcomes business and government leaders from around the world so they can learn about Victoria's business capabilities and make new trade and investment partnerships.
Trade Missions are generally sector based and programs are tailored to each sector.
To be eligible, you must:
- be a business operating in Victoria
- have the potential to import and export with international markets.
Find out more about the eligibility criteria at Trade Mission Program.
How to apply
Find out more about how to apply and current trade mission opportunities at Trade Mission Program.