Before you submit a proposal
You will need to have an Australian Business Number (ABN) or a New Zealand Business Number to submit a proposal to the Defence Innovation Hub. You must also be eligible to act on behalf of the business or organisation named on the innovation proposal.
The Defence Innovation Hub accepts proposals that:
- may meet the identified Defence innovation priorities
- do not directly meet the innovation priorities but align with another of the capability streams, or
- do not neatly align with any of the capability streams, but offer Defence opportunities to explore unexpected or unforeseen technologies and ideas.
The Defence Innovation Hub may not progress submissions where the proposed innovation:
- is covered by existing procurement or research activities Defence is undertaking
- has been developed by or with the assistance of an individual during the course of their employment with the Commonwealth of Australia, or
- has been developed under a contract with the Commonwealth of Australia (unless the contract specifically allows this).
Getting assistance with your proposal or response
CDIC innovation advisers can assist you develop your proposal or response, including:
- ensuring your commercial proposition is aligned to Defence’s innovation priorities
- helping you understand the Defence innovation intellectual property and contract framework.
The CDIC also provides a broader range of innovation advice, including:
- for businesses that are successful in gaining Defence innovation funding, specialist defence business and commercialisation advice, and possible diversification opportunities in adjacent industry sectors
- facilitating connections to other businesses and potential markets via other AusIndustry programs
- facilitating access to international innovation programs.
Please note that:
- You will need to provide consent for the CDIC to access your draft proposal, which can be done by selecting the tick box in the submission form.
- The Defence Innovation Hub will only be able to see limited details of your draft proposal on the submission system. You will need to submit your final proposal before Defence can access it.
- CDIC advisers will not disclose any of your information to a third party without your consent.
- The CDIC cannot view your proposal once you have submitted the final version.
- The CDIC does not have any influence in the assessment or result of your proposal.
Read more about: