AusTender and Defence procurements
Defence tender opportunities can be found on the AusTender website.
Defence is the largest procurement agency in the Commonwealth and is responsible for some of Australia’s most complex procurement activities. Defence engages with industry to deliver value for money procurement outcomes in order to support departmental and Australian Defence Force capability.
Defence publishes lists of planned procurement opportunities valued over $1 million in the Defence Annual Procurement Plan (all planned procurements are subject to revision or cancellation).
A number of business areas in Defence publish information about how to do business with them, including:
- Capability Acquisition and Sustainment Group (CASG)
- Chief Information Officer Group (CIOG)
- Defence Estate and Infrastructure Group (E&IG)
The Defence Portfolio Budget Statements (PBS) provide a detailed breakdown of how the budget will be spent by Defence. The PBS documents are an excellent source of information for businesses looking to understand upcoming business opportunities.
- Domestic supply chains
- Defence innovation and research
- Working with your state or territory government
- Networking and events
- Register your business on AusTender to receive free automatic notifications of opportunities as they are published
- Defence procurement and contracting policies, guidelines and templates