The Australian Government is investing $200 billion to modernise Defence capability.
This means opportunities for Australian businesses and research organisations to:
- build business in the defence industry
- innovate in partnership with Defence
- export defence-related products and services
Where do you start?
The Defence Industry and Innovation programs can help.
The Centre for Defence Industry Capability is your front door.
CDIC is part of the Defence Industry and Innovation programs.
Our business advisers and defence facilitators provide advice and support to help small and medium sized businesses to:
- navigate the defence market.
- gain skills and accreditations
- connect with industry supply chains.
We offer matched grants up to:
- $150,000 to help your business overcome barriers to exporting
- $250,000 to help implement business improvements for the defence industry, and
- $1 million to invest in business capabilities that are aligned with Defence’s stated Sovereign Industrial Capability priorities.
We offer two key programs that invest in innovation:
Next Generation Technologies Fund focuses on research in emerging and future technologies
Defence Innovation Hub invests in maturing and further developing technologies
We can help you expand your export markets and access global supply chains.
We work closely with the Australian Defence Export Office and multinational defence companies.
We can improve your competitiveness and identify international business opportunities.
We can help you access tradeshows and key markets overseas.
We offer grants of up to $150,000 to invest in projects that overcome barriers to exporting.
Visit www.business.gov.au/cdic to find out more about the Defence Industry and Innovation programs.
[screen: Visit us at the Avalon Airshow in Hall 2]