COVID-19: Find information about the JobKeeper Payment and other support for business on our coronavirus page. If your business is based in Victoria, you can find information about business restrictions on Business Victoria’s website. ×

Your business may need to complete business activity statements (BAS) to report on taxes and make payments.

Your BAS helps you to report on taxes like:

How to lodge your BAS

The Australian Taxation Office (ATO) will send your activity statement about 2 weeks before the end of your reporting period. Complete and return by the due date on your BAS, along with any payment due.

You can lodge your BAS:

Check out the ATO website to learn how to prepare to lodge your BAS.

Use a registered agent

Make sure anyone doing your BAS is a registered agent with the Tax Practitioners Board (TPB). There is no protection if you use an unregistered tax or BAS agent.

Search the TPB register to find a registered agent.

Read next

Find out how to lodge and pay tax.