COVID-19: Stay up-to-date on the latest support for business on our coronavirus page or by calling 13 28 46. ×

Artisanal Sector Program VIC

The Artisanal Sector Program provides artisan food producers with funding to help them with the costs of purchasing equipment or gaining the skills and services necessary to grow their business.


What do you get?

Funding of up to $5000.

Who is this for?

Victorian artisan food producers.


The Artisanal Sector Program provides Victorian artisan producers with funding to help undertake a range of projects to build sustainability and capability within their businesses.

Funding may be used to:

  • enhance agricultural or specialist food expertise/skills
  • improve business skills and knowledge
  • access new markets or improve access to existing markets, including e-commerce
  • purchase new equipment or upgrade equipment

Funding of up to $5,000 is available to cover up to 80% of the total cost of the project. Applicants must contribute in cash the remaining 20% of the cost of the project.

Stage two of the Artisanal Sector Program grants, expected to open in early 2019, will support larger scale projects that may involve individual businesses or community-based initiatives. Expressions of interest for stage two are currrently being accepted.

What are the eligibility criteria?

To be eligible, you must:

  • be a producer/grower or food business operating in Victoria’s artisanal sector
  • have a current Australian business number (ABN)
  • be a legal entity
  • agree to participate in future program evaluation activities
  • meet all industrial relation obligations as an employer in accordance with the National Employment Standards

How do you apply?

Find out more about eligibility and how to apply at Artisanal Sector Program VIC.