Write a social media plan
It is important to have a social media plan before you start using social media tools and websites in your business.
We have created a free how-to format to help you document your business objectives and plan for success in using social media tools
We've also developed a Social media planning checklist for things to consider when setting up your social media presence.
Why write a Social Media Plan?
Taking the time to write a social media plan is essential to ensure that using social media is beneficial in meeting your business and marketing objectives.
A social media plan can:
- encourage you to consider the risks and benefits of each tool before investing your time (and money) in managing social media.
- help you determine how many employees will be needed to manage each tool and the skills and training required for each employee.
- ensure you document the milestones and what you expect success will look like in the future.
- form part of your overall marketing and communications strategy and link into your marketing plan.
What to do...
- Download our free Social media plan template and guide for an easy to use template.
- Read How to write a social media plan to get started writing your own.
- Find out more about Marketing and develop your Marketing plan.
- Use Advisory Services to find business advisory and support services in your local area.