Writing a business plan
A business plan is a documented set of business goals, objectives, target market information and financial forecasts that you are aiming to achieve over a certain period of time. It is important to prepare a business plan when starting or growing your business and review it regularly to keep it up to date.
When writing your business plan, read the following useful information:
- Why do I need a business plan - to understand how a business plan can assist in guiding the success of your business.
- Before writing your plan - for things to consider including researching your idea, your competitors and the market place.
- How to write a business plan - to help you get started using our free template.
- Tips for preparing or updating your plan - to assist you in the business planning process.
What to do...
- Download our Business Plan Template and Guide to help you get started.
- Download the MyBizPlan app for a tablet version of our business plan template.
- Get information and templates on preparing financial reports.
- Contact your nearest Business Enterprise Centre for free advice and support.
- Seek advice from a business adviser or accountant.
- Learn more about Marketing and start your marketing plan.