Once you’re off and running, your business will have different needs and challenges. To help you keep your business running smoothly, pay careful attention to:
- Fair trading – make sure you’re complying with your fair trading obligations.
- Goods and services – find out how to manage your inventory, price your goods, and see what your obligations are when selling goods and services.
- Protect your ideas – protect your unique business ideas through intellectual property and copyright
- Import and export – see how you can expand your business horizons overseas
- Free trade agreements (FTAs) – learn more about FTAs and how they help business
- Risk management – prepare your business to handle risks
- Energy management – save money by managing energy use in your business
- Environmental management – make sure your business is environmentally friendly
- Water management - find out how to better manage water use in your business
- Waste management - read tips on how you can manage, reuse or recycle the waste your business makes
- Emergency management – prepare your business for emergencies.
Looking after your finances
Managing your business finances can help you track how your business is going and help you plan ahead. Learn more about:
- Finance and accounting – find out how to look after and track your finances
- Tax – meet your taxation obligations as a business owner
- Superannuation – make sure you’re meeting superannuation obligations for yourself and your employees.
Great employees are a big asset to a business and can make running a business a lot easier. See what’s involved in looking after your employees:
- Employ people – recruit and employ people for your business
- Workplace health & safety – make your workplace safe
- Insurance and workers compensation – insure your business and employees against unexpected accidents
- Training – build up skills for you and your employees
- Travel – what you need to know when you or your employees travel for business.
Growing your business
A successful business often grows on its own over time. Here are just some of the ways you can help your business grow: