Resources to protect your IP
The IP Australia website is the first step to turning your great idea into a profitable one. Their tools and resources page includes publications, videos and help guides.
Also look at these resources for the various aspects of intellectual property:
- Protect your ideas – read these ten tips to protect your intellectual property and ensure your strategy is on the right track.
- Case studies – read how intellectual property applies to different businesses.
- IP Australia and the Future of Intellectual Property – read this comprehensive document about the trends, scenarios and implications of intellectual property.
- IP toolkit for collaboration – the Australian IP Toolkit for Collaboration helps to facilitate, simplify and improve collaboration between researchers and industry.
- IP ownership – learn how IP can be created by employees or contractors and how to avoid ownership disputes.
- Easy Access IP – find valuable research discoveries, inventions and IP for free via an international collective of universities and research institutions.
- Institute of Patent and Trade Mark Attorneys of Australia – assists with the selection of a patent attorney.
- Other sites – find a list of other websites that have information about protecting your IP.
Intellectual Property in your state or territory
Queensland – visit the QLD Business website for their intellectual property toolkit.
South Australia – find information on intellectual property from the South Australia government website.
Tasmania – find out about intellectual property and trademarks from Business Tasmania.
Victoria – read about intellectual property on the Business Victoria website, including information on patents, trade marks, designs and copyright.
Western Australia – read about intellectual property on the Small Business Development Corporation website.