Connecting with customers for ideas
While there are no sure-fire way to guarantee success in creating great ideas, one of the best ways is to listen to your customers.
Connecting and listening to your customers can assist in emphasising and generating ideas on how both product and service delivery can be improved.
Connecting with customers may include:
- conducting a market scan to better understand the environment in which your business is operating in, including an analysis of your competitors
- understanding the importance of marketing and branding for your business
- offering your customers channels in which to easily provide feedback on your products and services
- conducting market research to better understand how your customers use your products and services.
Creating an online strategy or one that extends into social media may be a way to collect valuable ideas and connect with your customers. A focus on both product and service delivery is vital as they are equally important in innovation.
What to do...
- Read our innovation case study: A novel idea for a bookshop to find out how connecting with customers can assist innovation.
- Download our Business plan template and Business plan guide to start developing a business strategy towards innovation.
- Download our Marketing plan guide and template to develop ways of connecting with customers in driving innovation.
- Visit our Templates and Downloads page for a range of guides and templates to help your business connect with customers.