How do I develop an export plan?
After you decide to export products, developing an export plan should be your next step. It's important your business and staff have a clear plan to follow.
An effective export plan will help evaluate your strengths and weaknesses when entering the export market.
Think about the below when you prepare your plan:
- the products that you'll export
- your target markets
- the timeframe
- Customs duties
- marketing strategies.
What to do...
- See our information on Importing and exporting.
- Check out our Templates and tools for free guides and templates.
- Read Austrade's Export strategy page and download the Guide to developing an Export Strategy (PDF 0.93MB).
- Go to Austrade's website for information about new exporter services.
- Find your nearest government funded advisory service using Advisory Services.
- Get advice from an experienced business adviser, accountant or solicitor.