There are many resources to help finance your business. You may also choose to seek advice from a finance professional such as an accountant or bookkeeper. ASIC’s MoneySmart website can help you choose a financial adviser, or you can find out more about the costs of financial advice.
Have a look at how each of the financial templates below can help your business.
- Start-up costing – if you're thinking of starting a business, a start-up costing sheet can help determine how much money you need to start.
- Cash flow statement – tracks all the money flowing in and out of your business. It can also reveal payment cycles or seasonal trends that require additional cash to cover payments.
- Profit and loss statement – this lists your sales and expenses and helps you work out how much real profit you're making or losing.
- Balance sheet – is a snapshot of your business on a particular date. It lists all of your business' assets and liabilities and works out your net assets.
- Financial calculators – use this template to calculate your key financial ratios and help you analyse the financial health of your business.
- Glossary of key financial terms – find definitions for financial terms that you may come across when you are dealing with accountants and financial institutions, or while running your business.