Advancing Renewables Program
At a glance
The Advancing Renewables Program supports a broad range of projects that have the potential to lower the cost and increase the use of renewable energy technologies in Australia.
The Advancing Renewables Program aims to fund projects that contribute to one or more of the following outcomes:
- reduction in the cost of renewable energy
- increase in the value delivered by renewable energy
- improvement in technology readiness and commercial readiness of renewable energy
- reduction in or removal of barriers to renewable energy uptake
- increase in skills, capacity and knowledge relevant to renewable energy.
Find out more at Advancing Renewables Program.
What support or funding is available?
Australian Renewable Energy Agency (ARENA) grants are expected to be between $100,000 and $50 million. Applicants need to match the funding sought from ARENA.
Who can apply?
Business and organisations seeking funding for projects that contribute to renewable energy outcomes may apply.
What are the eligibility criteria?
Activities must either:
- involve a renewable energy technology or
- involve methods (including desktop studies and analysis) that can contribute to the programme outcomes.
The renewable energy technologies may include hybrid technologies and technologies that are related to renewable energy technologies (including enabling technologies).
Applicants need to be incorporated under the Corporations Act (Cth) unless they are applying for funding for desktop studies and analysis that do not include research (TRL 1-3).
Unincorporated entities such as universities and not-for-profits can also partner with an incorporated entity to help deliver a pilot, demonstration or pre-commercial deployment activity, as long as the activity is led by the incorporated entity.
Find out more about the eligibility criteria in the Programme Guidelines at Advancing Renewables Program.
For more information and to apply: