Australia Korea Foundation
At a glance
Provides businesses and individuals with funding of up to $40,000 to undertake projects which strengthen bilateral relations between Australia and Korea, enhance Australia's international reputation and promote cultural understanding.
Who can apply:
At a minimum, you must:
- have an Australian Business Number (ABN) or Australian Company Number (ACN)
- be one of the following:
- an Australian citizen or organisation
- a permanent resident of Australia
- a Korean organisation
Other eligibility requirements may apply.
The Australian-Korea Foundation (AKF) aims to:
- increase public awareness of Australia in Korea, and of Korea in Australia, and the importance of the joint relationship,
- develop partnerships in areas of shared interest between the two countries
- increase Australians' capacity to engage with Korea in an effective way
Grant amounts of between $5,000 and $40,000 are available to fund innovative joint projects between Australia and Korea.
The AKF has limited grant funds for each financial year. The AKF will consider how to best use the available funds across the range of possible AKF activities.
You can request for higher grant amounts, but funding will only be approved if your project is considered particularly worthwhile.
The AKF has the right to provide less funding than what the applicant requested.
To be eligible, you must:
- be one of the following entity types:
- an Australian entity with an Australian Business Number (ABN) or Australian Company Number (ACN)
- a consortium with a lead organisation footnote
- a registered charity or not-for-profit organisation
- an Australian local government body
- an Australian State/Territory government body
- a corporate Commonwealth entity
- an Australian statutory authority
- an Australian or permanent resident of Australia
- a citizen or organisation from the Republic of Korea
- a well-established organisation in the Republic of Korea with a business purpose to advocate for Australian business, education and/or cultural interests
- be willing to provide or develop child protection guidelines for your project if it involves people under the age of 18 years
Find out more about the eligibility criteria at Australia-Korea Foundation - Eligibility.
How to apply
Find out more about how to apply at Australia-Korea Foundation - How to apply.