Automotive Diversification Programme
At a glance
Provides Australian automotive supply chain companies with grants from $50,000 to $1 million to diversify out of the domestic automotive manufacturing sector.
Who can apply:
At a minimum, you must:
- be trading as an Australian corporation and registered for GST
- be a producer of automotive components, or automotive machine tools or tooling, or a provider of automotive services
- be a supplier to an Australian original equipment manufacturer.
Other eligibility requirements apply.
The Automotive Diversification Programme (ADP) is a $20 million fund which includes $18 million for competitive merit-based grants. It will support projects that supply products or services to:
- customers in the Australian and international non-automotive industry
- customers in the international automotive industry.
The ADP aims to help to retain manufacturing capability in Australia. Companies can apply for a grant to help with capital equipment costs.
Applicants can apply for grant funding to use in an eligible project which undertakes eligible expenditure.
Grant funding available:
- minimum of $50,000
- maximum funding of up to $1 million
- can contribute up to 50 per cent of total eligible expenditure.
Successful applicants can:
- access multiple grants over the life of the programme
- only receive up to $1 million in funding in a 12 month period, and
- only receive up to a maximum of $1.5 million over the life of the ADP.
The ADP is part of the $155 million Growth Fund, which was established to support employees, businesses and regions affected by the closure of Australia’s car manufacturing industry by 2017.
How to apply
The ADP is currently not open to new applicants. No further rounds are expected.
View grant recipients under the Automotive Diversification Programme.