Back to Work Regional Employment Package QLD
At a glance
Provides regional Queensland businesses with up to $20,000 when they employ eligible unemployed jobseekers.
Who can apply:
Employers must have a:
- good workplace and safety industrial relations record
- genuine commitment to ongoing employment of the employee.
Other eligibility requirements may apply.
Back to Work Regional Employment Package supports regional Queensland businesses when they employ eligible unemployed jobseekers.
The amount of payment offered varies depending on the type of worker employed:
- job seeker unemployed for between 4 - 52 weeks - $10,000
- job seeker unemployed for 52 weeks or more - $15,000
- youth (aged 15-24 years) - $20,000
From 1 July 2017, eligible employers may claim a maximum of five Back to Work regional initial payment applications.
This program is offered in the following regions:
- Wide Bay Burnett
- North Queensland
- Far North Queensland
- Mackay / Whitsunday
- Central Queensland
- North West Queensland
- South West Queensland.
To be eligible, the job offered to the worker must be:
- mainly located in regional Queensland (excluding South East Queensland)
- ongoing paid full-time (at least 35 hours per week on average), or
- ongoing paid part-time (at least 20 hours per week on average), or
- a registered and eligible Queensland full-time or part-time apprenticeship, or
- for a person with a disability who has a workplace assessment to work between 8 and 20 hours per week, hours consistent with their approved benchmark.
Eligible employees must:
- be a permanent resident of Australia and live in Queensland
- not have displaced an existing worker
- have been unemployed for at least four weeks directly before starting
- not be a full-time student
- not have worked for the employer in the 12 months directly before starting the current role with the employer.
Find out more about the eligibility criteria at Back to Work Regional Employment Package.
How to apply
Find out more about how to apply at Back to Work Regional Employment Package.