Back to Work South East Queensland
At a glance
Provides businesses in areas of South East Queensland experiencing significant labour market challenges with payments of up to $20,000 when they employ long-term unemployed and young jobseekers.
Who can apply:
At a minimum, employers must have a:
- good workplace and safety industrial relations record
- genuine commitment to ongoing employment of the employee.
Other eligibility requirements may apply.
Back to Work South East Queensland supports employers in areas of South East Queensland experiencing labour market challenges to employ long-term unemployed and young jobseekers.
The amount of payment offered varies depending on the type of worker employed:
- Job seeker unemployed for 52 weeks or more - $15,000
- Youth (aged 15-24 years) - $20,000
Eligible employers may claim a maximum of five Back to Work SEQ applications.
This program is offered in the following regions:
- Scenic Rim
- Lockyer Valley
- Moreton Bay.
To be eligible, the job offered to the worker must be:
- mainly located in an eligible area South East Queensland - Logan, Scenic Rim, Ipswich, Lockyer Valley, Somerset and Moreton Bay
- ongoing paid full-time (at least 35 hours per week on average), or
- ongoing paid part-time (at least 20 hours per week on average), or
- a registered and eligible Queensland full-time or part-time apprenticeship, or
- for a person with a disability who has a workplace assessment to work between 8 and 20 hours per week, hours consistent with their approved benchmark.
Eligible employees must:
- be a permanent resident of Australia and their principal place of residency must be Queensland
- not have displaced an existing worker
- have been unemployed for at least 52 weeks directly before starting
- not be a full-time student
- not have worked for the employer in the 12 months directly before starting the current role with the employer.
Find out more about the eligibility criteria at Back to Work South East Queensland.
How to apply
Find out more about how to apply at Back to Work South East Queensland.