Business Development and Assistance Program
At a glance
Provides Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander individuals and businesses with access to finance products, advice, training and workshops to start or grow a small to medium business.
Who can apply:
At a minimum, you must:
- be at least 18 and of Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander descent
- own at least 50% of the business, or have at least 50% of the business owned by people of indigenous descent
- be solvent.
Other eligibility requirements may apply.
Deadline to apply:
Applications may be made at any time.Apply
The Business Development and Assistance Program helps prospective and existing Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander business owners identify the training, loans or guidance they may need to achieve their business goals.
What support and funding is available?
The Business Development and Assistance Program helps Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people get access to relevant training, government or other service providers' assistance packages so they can start or grow a business.
The Business Development Program does not fund external advisory or consulting services or training.
Who can apply?
Any Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander with a viable business idea for a new business or with an existing business can apply.
What are the eligibility criteria?
A person(s) may be able to receive assistance under the Business Development and Assistance Program, if:
- at least 50% of the ownership of the business is by a person(s) of Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander descent
- each applicant is at least 18 years of age
- applicants are not currently bankrupt or applying for bankruptcy
- incorporated bodies are not under investigation and not being administered externally
How do I apply?
Indigenous Business Australia's staff work with eligible applicants to identifiy what support and assistance is appropriate.
To apply contact Indigenous Business Australia's staff through Business Development and Assistance Program website, or call 1800 107 107.