Collaborative Exploration Initiative
At a glance
Provides businesses with industry grants of up to $200,000 for direct drilling and non-drilling activities in under-explorer parts of north-west Queensland, with an additional incentive of up to $100,000 for early completion of the project.
Who can apply:
At a minimum, you must:
- have granted tenure
- target resources in the North West Queensland Minerals Province
- have public liability insurance covering the term of the project.
Other eligibility requirements apply.
The Collaborative Exploration Initiative (CEI) provides funding for drilling exploration projects in under-explored areas in north west Queensland.
Grants of up to $200,000 is available to fund up to 50% of your project's direct activity costs.
There is an extra incentive of up to $100,000 to fund up to 75% of the direct activity costs for projects which meet an earlier completion date.
To be eligible:
- your project must target a granted Queensland minerals, coal, petroleum or geothermal exploration tenure (granted mining tenure may be considered)
- your project must meet the project timelines:
Start date Completion date Completion date for incentive funding 19 November 2018 20 December 2019 9 August 2019 18 November 2019 18 December 2020 7 August 2020
- you must be able to meet half of the project costs.
How to apply
Find out more about how to apply at Collaborative Exploration Initiative.