Cooperative Research Centres (CRC) Programme
Tell me about the assistance
The CRC Programme is a competitive, merit based grant programme that supports industry-led and outcome-focused collaborative research partnerships between industry, researchers and the community.
- Status: Open (accepting applications)
- Delivered by: AusIndustry
The CRC Programme supports industry-led collaborations between industry, researchers and the community. It’s a proven model for linking researchers with industry to focus on research and development towards use and commercialisation.
It aims to:
- improve the competitiveness, productivity and sustainability of Australian industries, especially where Australia has a competitive strength
- deliver outcomes in line with government priorities
- encourage and enable small and medium enterprise (SME) participation in collaborative research
- foster high quality research to help solve industry specific problems through collaborative research partnerships between industry entities and research organisations.
The CRC Programme offers support to industry, research and the community through two elements:
- Cooperative Research Centre (CRC) grants - supporting medium to long term industry-led collaborations, up to 10 years.
- Cooperative Research Centres Projects (CRC-P) grants - supporting short term, industry-led collaborative research, up to 3 years.
Cooperative Research Centres (CRCs) grants
CRC grants provide successful CRC applicants with access to grant funds for up to 10 years for collaborations from industry, research and community sectors to develop important new technologies, products and services.
A CRC must have at least one Australian industry organisation and one Australian research organisation.
To find out more and to apply, see Cooperative Research Centre (CRCs) grants.
Cooperative Research Centre Projects (CRC-Ps) grants
Successful CRC-P grant applicants are provided grant funds for up to three years for collaborations from industry, research and community sectors to solve industry problems and improve the competitiveness, productivity and sustainability of the Australian industries.
CRC-Ps must have at least:
- two Australian industry organisations including at least one small or medium-sized enterprise (SME),
- one Australian research organisation.
To find out more and to apply, see Cooperative Research Centre - Project (CRC-P) grants.
Upcoming selection rounds
To find out about upcoming selection rounds, see:
For selection round outcomes see:
CRCs and CRC-Ps will receive funding for a single, specified term to undertake the activities or project in the funding agreement.
Industry Growth Centres
CRCs, CRC-Ps and Industry Growth Centres work together to be a catalyst for increased and more productive industry-research engagement. Growth Centres are in a prime position to identify emerging research challenges that are relevant to industry and encourage collaboration with the right industry players.
Further information is available on the Industry Growth Centres Initiative web page.