Duty Drawback Scheme
At a glance
Provides exporters a refund of customs duty paid on unused imported goods, or goods that will be treated, processed or incorporated into other goods for export.
Who can apply:
At a minimum, you must:
- be the legal owner of the goods at the time the goods are exported
- have paid customs duty on imported goods
- export the goods from Australia.
Other eligibility requirements may apply.
Deadline to apply:
Claims must be lodged within four years from the date the goods were exported.Apply
The Duty Drawback Scheme allows exporters to get a refund on customs duty paid on imported goods, where those goods are:
- to be treated, processed, or incorporated in other goods for export, or
- are exported unused since importation.
What support or funding is available?
The minimum claim per application for duty drawback is AUD $100.
What are the eligibility criteria?
To be eligible, you must be the legal owner of the goods at the time the goods are exported.
Duty drawback is available on most goods on which customs duty was paid on importation and which has been exported.
How do I apply?
Find out more about how to apply at Duty Drawback Scheme.