Employer Support Payment Scheme ESPS
At a glance
Provides businesses who employ a Reservist or a self-employed Reservist with payments when the Reservist is absent from their civilian workplace on eligible periods of Defence service.
Who can apply:
At a minimum, you must:
- employ a Reservist or be a self-employed Reservist
- operate a business
- have an Australian Business Number (ABN).
Other eligibility criteria may apply.
Deadline to apply:
Applications may be made at any time.Apply
If you're an employer of a reservist, or a self-employed reservist, you can get ESPS payments when the reservist is away on eligible periods of Defence service.
What support or funding is available?
For full-time employees, ESPS weekly payments are the same as average weekly full-time adult ordinary time earnings (AWOTE).
Part-time employees get pro-rata payments.
Find out more about payments at ESPS - Defence Reserves Support.
Who can apply?
You can apply if you're:
- an employer of an Australian Defence Force reservist
- a self-employed Australian Defence Force reservist.
What are the eligibility criteria?
These types of Australian Defence Force service are eligible for the ESPS:
- Normal peacetime training or service that is paid for using Reserve training salaries.
- Voluntary continuous full-time service (CFTS).
- CFTS due to a call-out order to use the Defence Force to protect against domestic violence.
- CFTS due to a call-out order by a member of the Reserve Response Force in response to a civil emergency.
- For the full eligibility criteria, go to Eligibility information ? Defence Reserves Support.
How do I apply?
Find out more about how to apply at How to make a claim ? Defence Reserves Support.