Tell me about the assistance
The Entrepreneurs’ Programme provides access to a national network of more than 100 experienced private sector Advisers and Facilitators. The programme helps businesses improve their productivity and competitiveness.
- Status: Open (accepting applications)
- Applications close: Ongoing
- Delivered by: AusIndustry
The Entrepreneurs' Programme is the Australian Government’s flagship initiative for business competitiveness and productivity. It forms part of the Australian Government’s new industry policy outlined in the National Innovation and Science Agenda.
This Agenda is the business focus element of the Australian Government’s broader Economic Action Strategy. The Strategy brings together and builds upon other economic reforms to make the most of Australia’s strengths and business opportunities.
The programme offers support to businesses through three elements:
- Accelerating Commercialisation - helps small and medium businesses, entrepreneurs and researchers to commercialise novel products, services and processes
- Business Management - experienced Business Advisers and Facilitators review business operations, including business direction, strategy, growth opportunities and supply chain. They provide a report with strategies for business improvement and work with you to make them happen
- Innovation Connections - experienced Innovation Facilitators work with your business to identify knowledge gaps that are preventing your business growth. The outcome is an Innovation Facilitation Report.
Practical support for businesses includes:
- advice from people with relevant private sector experience
- co-funded grants to commercialise new products, processes and services
- funding to take advantage of growth opportunities
- connection and collaboration opportunities.
If your business is eligible for Business Management or Innovation Connections assistance, our national team of highly skilled Business Advisers and Facilitators can provide you with a comprehensive Business Evaluation.
Accelerating Commercialisation provides successful applicants access to expert guidance and grants to find the right commercialisation solutions for novel products, processes and services.
Accelerating Commercialisation offers the following services and grants:
- Commercialisation Guidance
- Accelerating Commercialisation Grant
- Portfolio Services.
To find out more and to apply, go to Accelerating Commercialisation.
Experienced Business Advisers review business operations, including business direction and strategy. The outcome of the review is an Evaluation Report that has business improvement suggestions.
A skilled and expert Business Adviser will:
- come to your business premises to gather information about your business
- undertake further research and analyse the information off-site
- prepare a tailored Business Evaluation Action Plan outlining strategies your business can take to become more competitive, improve and grow.
When you are ready to apply the strategies, the Business Adviser will coach and mentor you for up to twelve months.
To find out more and to apply, go to Business Evaluation.
Supply Chain Facilitation
Supply Chain Facilitation offers your business practical ways to:
- connect with, and supply existing and new markets
- provide you with project opportunities.
At no cost to your business, a skilled Business Adviser or Business Facilitator will work closely with your suppliers and customers to:
- strengthen your supply chain
- improve your ability to access new markets.
To find out more and to apply, go to Supply Chain Facilitation.
A Growth Services engagement will enable your business to identify and capitalise on growth opportunities more rapidly, easily, and capably, with less risk. The engagement will help your business build the capacity to accelerate growth.
At no charge to you, a Business Adviser will:
- develop a Growth Plan to help you reach your growth opportunity
- provide support, advice and mentoring to build the necessary capabilities, culture, strategies and connections for growth
- facilitate access to relevant advice, networks and knowledge
- help maintain your growth momentum through regular meetings and follow-up.
To find out more and to apply, go to Growth Services.
Brings together tourism buinesses that offer complementary products or services. Businesses must be located and/or have their main operations in Northern Australia.
The service will help businesses to reach their potential and achieve benefits that they might not have access to on their own.
To find out more, and to apply, go to Northern Australia Tourism Initiative.
Business Growth Grants
Business Growth Grants provide financial help for businesses to improve their business operations and grow their business.
The improvements are available in a:
- Business Evaluation
- Supply Chain Facilitation
- Growth Service
- Tourism Partnership service.
To find out more and to apply, go to Business Growth Grants.
Expert Innovation Facilitators work with your business to identify knowledge gaps that are preventing your business growth. The outcome is an Innovation Facilitation Report.
Innovation Connections consists of two components:
- Innovation Connections Facilitation
- Innovation Connections Grant.
Innovation Connections Facilitation
Provides your business with an Innovation Facilitator to help you to:
- identify knowledge gaps
- identify opportunities to work with research organisations to test and develop new ideas
- connect to other business assistance packages
- find the expertise to support your business.
Innovation Facilitators will also provide a report with possible solutions to your problems and referrals to other research and industry programmes.
Innovation Connections Grant
If you chose to implement the suggestions in the report and would like to work with a research organisation, you can apply for an Innovation Connections Grant.
To find out more and to apply, go to Innovation Connections.