At a glance
Provides businesses access to business advisers for up to two years and a growth plan to help the business realise an Australian and/or export growth opportunity.
Who can apply:
At a minimum, you must:
- be a company, incorporated in Australia (or an incorporated trustee applying on behalf of a trust)
- have an annual turnover or operating expenditure within the current or previous two financial years between $1.5 million ($750,000 for remote Australia and northern Australia) and $100 million.
Other eligibility requirements may apply.
Changes regarding the Entrepreneurs’ Programme - Northern Australia Tourism Initiative
The Entrepreneurs’ Programme – Northern Australia Tourism Initiative has been extended to 31 December 2019 to provide tourism businesses in northern Australia with continued practical support to build management and business capability, improve their performance, grow and be more internationally competitive.
Applications for Tourism Partnerships closed on 30 June 2019. Northern Australian tourism businesses will not be eligible to apply for other Business Management advice and facilitation services. This will allow sufficient time for participating businesses to receive advisory services from our business advisers and facilitators, and also implement key recommendations with the support of an associated business growth grant by the program closure date of 31 December 2019.
Participating businesses will be contacted by the Entrepreneurs’ Programme to discuss transitional arrangements.
Changes to guidelines
The guidelines for Business Management services have recently changed. You should review the Business Management Grant Opportunity Guidelines before applying.
Growth services provides access to skilled and experienced business advisers for up to two years to help your business develop the skills, knowledge, strategies and connections to accelerate growth in Australian markets and/or markets in other countries. Working with you, a business adviser will develop a growth plan to help you realise your Australian and/or export growth opportunity, then provide support, advice, mentoring and access to networks to get your plan working for you.
At no charge to you, a specialist business adviser or facilitator will:
- develop a growth plan to help you reach your Australian and/or export growth opportunity
- provide support, advice and mentoring to build the necessary capabilities, culture, strategies and connections for growth
- provide you with access to relevant advice, networks and knowledge
- help maintain your growth momentum through regular meetings and follow-up.
You may be eligible for a business growth grant to fund the recommendations outlined in your growth plan. Refer to Business Growth Grants to learn more.
To apply, your business must:
- have an Australian Business Number (ABN)
- be registered for GST
and be one of the following entities:
- a company incorporated in Australia
- an incorporated trustee applying on behalf of a trust.
You must also
- have the intent and opportunity to engage in or increase trade in Australian markets and/or markets in other countries
- have an annual turnover or operating expenditure within the following range in the current or previous two financial years
- between $1.5 million and $100 million, or
- between $750,000 and $100 million if you are from remote Australia or northern Australia
- have operated in Australia and filed business activity statements showing ongoing trading in at least three consecutive years.
You must also satisfy one of the following:
- be operating in one or more growth sectors (you should refer to Appendix A of the Business Management Grant Opportunity Guidelines for definitions of the growth sectors)
- Advanced Manufacturing
- Food and Agribusinesses
- Medical Technologies and Pharmaceuticals
- Mining Equipment, Technology and Services
- Oil, Gas and Energy Resources
- have the skills, capability, intellectual property or expertise and intent to operate in one of the growth sectors
- provide enabling technologies or services to one or more of the growth sectors
You are not eligible for growth services if you have received one in the last five years.
How to apply
Lodge your application for growth services at any time. You will be asked a series of questions about your business’s growth opportunity. You will be notified of the outcome of your application within ten working days.
You will need to log in or set up an account to access our online portal. The portal allows you to apply for and manage a grant or service in a secure online environment.
To apply, you must:
- complete and submit your application through the portal
- provide all the information requested
- address all eligibility criteria
- answer additional questions to demonstrate your capacity and commitment to take advantage of your growth opportunity.
You may apply for business advice or facilitation at any time during the life of the Business Management initiative and may apply to access more than one service.
In the application form, you will need to nominate which business advice or facilitation service will best meet your needs. For assistance with the application form, contact us.
If your application is successful, you will be put into contact with a business adviser with relevant experience in your industry.
For assistance with the application form, contact us.
View our Growth Services customer experiences video series.