First Start Loans QLD
At a glance
Provides Queensland primary producers and commercial fishers with loans of up to $2 million to start or establish a viable commercial enterprise.
Who can apply:
At a minimum, you must:
- have resided in Queensland for the last six months
- be able to demonstrate a financial need and capacity to service the loan
- have adequate experience or qualifications
- have 50% equity in the purchase of the enterprise or set-up costs
Other eligibility requirements may apply.
First Start Loan - Primary producer
Provides primary producers with low interest loans of up to $2 million to help in the early years of establishing a primary production enterprise.
Funding may be used to:
- buy your first farm
- become a partner in the family farm
- achieve enterprise viability
- lease or share a farm
- facilitate joint lending with your bank
First Start Loan - Commercial fisher
Provides commercial fishers with low interest loans of up to $2 million to help in the early years of establishing a commercial wild-catch fishing enterprise.
Funding may be used:
- to buy your wild-catch fishing enterprise
- to become a partner in the family wild-catch fishing business
- to achieve enterprise viability
- for leasing or share-fishing
- for joint lending with your bank
To be eligible, you must:
- have resided in Queensland for six months
- have sound prospects for the long term viability of your enterprise
- have capacity to service the loan
- demonstrate a clear need for the loan
- have equity of 50% in relation to the purchase, or 50% of set up costs for leasing and share farming
Find out more about the eligibility criteria at First Start Loans.
How to apply
Find out more about how to apply at First Start Loans.