Global Innovation Linkages programme
At a glance
Provides Australian businesses and researchers with funding of up to $1 million per project to collaborate with global partners on strategically focused, leading-edge research and development projects.
Who can apply:
At a minimum, your project must:
- have a lead applicant and project partners
- be in one of the priority areas of Advanced Manufacturing, Food and Agribusiness, Medical Technologies and Pharmaceuticals, Mining Equipment, Technology and Services or Oil, Gas and Energy Resources.
Other eligibility requirements may apply.
The programme will support projects focused on developing high quality products, services or processes that will respond to industry challenges.
- The programme provides funding for business and researchers to collaborate with global partners on research and development projects.
- Projects must focus on priority areas and priority economies (listed under the eligibility criteria).
Successful applicants will receive funding of up to AU$1 million (this excludes GST) per project over a maximum of four years.
Project partners must at least match funding received from the programme with cash and in-kind contributions. In-kind contributions are non-cash contributions that are counted towards the applicants matched funding eg. Access to facilities, staff salaries.
For more information on the grant amount and grant period please refer to section 3 of the Programme Guidelines.
On 10 April 2017 Minister for Industry, Innovation and Science, Senator the Hon Arthur Sinodinos AO announced that nine successful Australian businesses and research organisations will share in $8.69 million in funding to collaborate with global partners in science, research and development projects.
Further information on the successful Australian recipients is available on the grant recipients page.
To be eligible, a project will have a lead applicant and project partners.
To be a lead applicant you must have an ABN and must be:
- an Australian industry entity or
- an Australian research organisation.
The project partners must include at least:
- one Australian industry entity and
- one Australian research organisation and
- one global partner from a priority economy (outlined in the eligibility criteria).
Your project must be in one of the following priority areas:
- Advanced Manufacturing – www.amgc.org.au
- Food and Agribusiness – www.fial.com.au
- Medical Technologies and Pharmaceuticals – www.mtpconnect.org.au
- Mining Equipment, Technology and Services – www.metsignited.org
- Oil, Gas and Energy Resources – www.nera.org.au
These priority areas align with the Australian Government’s Industry Growth Centres Initiative. Applications for funding are expected to align with the relevant Growth Centre’s key themes, vision, strategic direction and/or Industry Knowledge Priorities. Applicants are strongly encouraged to engage with the relevant Growth Centre in developing a proposal. Further information on the Industry Growth Centre Initiative is available at the Growth Centres’ websites (see links above).
Your project must also include a global partner from one or more of the following priority economies:
- European Union
- New Zealand
- South Korea
- United States
Find out more
For more information on eligibility requirements for this round of applications please refer to the Programme Factsheet.
You will need to address each of the following merit criteria in your application:
- The expected economic outcomes to be delivered by the project (30 points)
- The value for money offered by the project (30 points)
- Demonstrated capacity and capability to carry out the project (20 points)
- Expected national benefits (20 points).
For more information on the merit criteria please refer to section 5 of the Programme Guidelines.
Refer to the Formatting requirements for merit criteria responses.
How to apply
The Global Innovation Linkages programme is currently not open to new applicants.
Contact us for more information.
View the successful applicants for round 1 of the Global Innovation Linkages programme.