Grant McLennan Memorial Fellowship
At a glance
Provides Queensland songwriters with funding of up to $25,000 to gain experience and inspiration through international travel.
Who can apply:
At a minimum, you must:
- have an Australian Business Number (ABN)
- be a member of the Australasian Performing Rights Association (APRA) and the Australasian Mechanical Copyright Owners-Society (AMCOS)
- reside in Queensland.
Other eligibility requirements may apply.
The Grant McLennan Memorial Fellowship will help develop the skills of singers and songwriters while they are in New York, London or Berlin. The Fellowship aims to expose the full cultural life of one of these cities as a source of inspiration and creativity.
Grant McLennan is recognised as one of Australia's greatest songwriters. He was a founding member of the 1970s Brisbane band The Go-Betweens. They were known for their hit song Streets of Your Town.
What support or funding is available?
Funding of $25,000 to a modern songwriter or song writing duo from Queensland. The funding includes a trip of up to six months to either London, Berlin or New York.
Who can apply?
Songwriters and song writing teams of no more than two people from Queensland can apply.
What are the eligibility criteria?
To be eligible, you must:
- be 21 years of age or older on 1st January for the year you are applying
- be an Australian citizen or permanent resident
- be residing in Queensland
- be a member of APRA AMCOS
- have satisfied the reporting requirements of any previous Arts Queensland grants
- have an ABN
- only submit one application in each round (e.g. songwriting duos may not also submit individual applications)
Find out more at Grant McLennan Fellowship.
How do I apply?
Find out more about how to apply at Grant McLennan Fellowship.