Industry Skills Fund Youth Stream
The Industry Skills Fund - Youth Stream includes two pilot programmes: Training for Employment Scholarships and Youth Employment Pathways.
Applications for both pilot programmes are now closed.
As part of the 2016/17 Budget announcement, both the Training for Employment Scholarships and the Youth Employment Pathways pilot programmes have ceased. No new applications will be taken.
All eligible claims for payment related to approved applications and executed contracts will be paid.
The programmes assist business by supporting job specific training for new, young employees; and community organisations to help young people return to school, start vocational training or move into work.
- Training for Employment Scholarships supports training that meets the needs of your business and assists young people who are newly employed, but require further training.
If your business has less than 200 employees, and you have hired an unemployed person aged 18 to 24 years within the last three months, you may be eligible for funding of up to $7,500 for the cost of up to 26 weeks job specific training.
- Youth Employment Pathways supports community organisations to assist disengaged young people, aged 15 to 18 years, to get back into school, start vocational training, or move into work.
Community service organisations may be eligible for up to $2,000 in financial support to purchase or provide services to meet individuals' needs such as intensive case management, job search, mentoring and other services relevant to young people.
The customer information guides provide information about the Training for Employment Scholarships and the Youth Employment Pathways programmes. These documents can be found below.
The programme guidelines provide the authority for the Training for Employment Scholarships and the Youth Employment Pathways programmes. These documents can be found below.
Version Two of the Programme Guidelines came into effect as of 1 September 2015. Any Funding Agreements executed after this date will be governed by these Guidelines.
Training for Employment Scholarships Programme
- Customer information guide version 2
- Programme guidelines version 2 (signed)
- Programme guidelines version 2