Jobs Action Plan and Fresh Start Support NSW
At a glance
Provides businesses operating in NSW with a $7,000 payroll tax rebate to employ new workers in new eligible employment.
Who can apply:
At a minimum, you must:
- be an employer who is paying payroll tax
- not have more than 50 full time employees
- hire new full-time employees whose jobs will be mainly performed in NSW.
Other eligibility requirements may apply.
The Jobs Action Plan and Fresh Start Support is a key priority of the New South Wales (NSW) government. The plan provides NSW businesses with a payroll tax rebate when they employ new workers in eligible employment.
A rebate of $6,000 for new jobs created after 31 July 2016 is available. The rebate is paid in 2 parts up to $2,000 on the first anniversary and up to $4,000 on the second anniversary.
The Fresh Start Support rebate is a one-off amount of $1,000 that can be claimed at the first anniversary of an eligible employee's employment start date. The employee must have been made redundant by an employer who is a designated employer within the period of 1 January 2014 and 30 June 2015.
Employers with up to 50 Full Time Equivalent (FTE) employees paying payroll tax in NSW can apply.
Employment of a person is included in the rebate scheme if they meet all of the following conditions:
- a person is full-time; part-time or casual, in a position that is a new job
- the application for the rebate is made within 90 days of the eligible employee's start date
- the employment is maintained for the minimum employment period
- the services of the employee are carried out wholly or mainly in NSW.
Find out more about the eligibility criteria at Jobs Action Plan and Fresh Start Support.
How to apply
You can apply through the Jobs Action Plan and Fresh Start Support online registration.
An application for rebate must be lodged within 90 days from the start date of the new employee.
Find out more about how to apply at Jobs Action Plan and Fresh Start Support.