Medical Technologies Program
At a glance
Provides SA medical research and manufacturing businesses with up to 250 hours of research to develop new medical devices and assistive technologies.
Who can apply:
At a minimum, you must:
- have an Australian Business Number (ABN)
- have a completion time of three months (or 250 hours) for your project
- be creating a medical device or assistive technology
- be able to co-contribute $5,000 to the project.
Other eligibility requirements may apply.
The Medical Technologies Program supports the early stage development of new commercially viable medical and assistive devices through collaboration between industry, researchers, end-users and government.
What support or funding is available?
Participants in the MTP receive up to 250 hours of research to assist with any stage of the research and development process, and may include prototype development, proof of concept work, product validation or evaluation, as well as a 30 hour market assessment.
Who can apply?
Manufacturing businesses and research companies in South Australia can apply.
What are the eligibility criteria?
To receive support through the MTP, proposals must satisfy the following criteria:
- be a medical device or assistive technology
- be technically feasible
- be commercially feasible
- involve innovation
- able to be completed within 250 hours or three months
- be proposed by a company, commercial enterprise or an individual; who agrees to form an entity with a current or proposed connection in South Australia
- the proposing entity must be able to co-contribute $5,000 (ex GST) to the project.
How do I apply?
To apply for this program you will need to register your medical device, problem or idea with Flinder Universitiy - Medical Device Partnering Program.
How will payments be made?
The payment process is detailed and more information is available at Medical Technologies Program.
For more information and to apply