MRIWA Research Remit
At a glance
Provides geological researchers with funding to undertake research projects that benefit the WA mineral industry.
Who can apply:
At a minimum, you must:
- have an Australian Business Number (ABN)
- be conducting research that benefits the mineral industries of WA
- have a project proposal prepared.
Other eligibility requirements may apply.
Deadline to apply:
Applications may be made at any time.Apply
MRIWA research grants are for research projects that:
- benefit the Western Australian economy
- are directed to the mineral deposits in Western Australia
- are within the scope of MRIWA's Research Priority Plan.
What support or funding is available?
The level of funding depends on the project and the value it brings to Western Australia. When the MRIWA board decides on the funding, it considers a range of criteria. Find out more at research applications.
Who can apply?
MRIWA usually only offers grants to incorporated organisations and research establishments. MRIWA promotes the participation of industry in jointly sponsoring projects. Applicants should include potential and committed industry sponsors in their grant application. To find out more, read the guidelines for completing the project application.