Northern Australia Tourism Initiative
Tell me about the assistance
If you’re operating in Northern Australia and you'd like to improve your tourism business, the Northern Australia Tourism Initiative can provide you with practical advice.
- Status: Open (accepting applications)
- Applications close: Ongoing
- Delivered by: AusIndustry
The Northern Australia Tourism Initiative will provide business advisory support to help tourism businesses in northern Australia to:
- become smarter and
- be more internationally competitive.
The Northern Australia Tourism Initiative includes Tourism Partnerships, as well as Business Evaluations, Supply Chain Facilitation, Growth Services and Business Growth Grants.
An experienced private sector Business Facilitator can work with the group on a range of challenges which could include:
- providing innovative and collaborative approaches to marketing and/or packaging opportunities for the benefit of all participants
- identifying strategies for collaboration on common business interests
- helping to solve common business challenges
- developing a Tourism Partnership Plan including recommendations for the group or consortium to improve capability and competitiveness.
Following development of a Tourism Partnerships plan, the group of businesses may be eligible to apply for a Business Growth Grant through a lead business.
What support or funding is available?
Tourism businesses in Northern Australia can apply for:
- Business Evaluations
- Supply Chain Facilitation
- Growth Services
- Business Growth Grants
- Tourism Workshops
- Tourism Partnerships
Who can apply?
To access the Entrepreneurs’ Programme as a tourism business:
- a significant portion of your revenue must come from visitors and
you must operate in tourism-related industries, including:
- cafes, restaurants and takeaway food services
- clubs, pubs, taverns and bars
- passenger transport
- tour operator services
- cultural services
- sports and recreation services and
- retail trade.
You cannot apply if you resell tickets or vouchers for:
- tourism-related products and services or
- local tourism bodies and regional tourism organisations.
What are the eligibility criteria?
You may be eligible if you:
- are an eligible corporation that is non tax-exempt and is registered for GST
- are located and/or have significant operations in Northern Australia
- are a tourism business operating in Northern Australia
- have a company with an annual turnover or operating expenditure between $750,000 and $100 million and are solvent
- are operating in Australia and filed business activity statements showing ongoing trading for at least three successive years
- satisfy the eligibility criteria specific to the relevant Activity and
- are not named by the Workplace Gender Equality Agency as an organisation that has not complied with the Workplace Gender Equality Act 2012 (Cth).
How do I apply?
To apply for Tourism Partnerships, you must complete the online Tourism Partnerships Application Form.
To apply for a Business Management Service, you must complete the online form in the I’m ready to apply tab.
You can apply for a Business Management Service at any time during the life of the Programme.
You must complete the application by an authorised representative of your business, such as your business’:
- Chief Executive Officer
- Chief Financial Officer
- Chair of the Board
- Authorised manager.
How will I know if I am successful?
If we approve your application, we will assign a Business Adviser or Business Facilitator to work with you to complete your Business Management Service.
The Business Adviser or Business Facilitator will contact you to arrange a time to start the service.