Regional Economic Development Fund NT
At a glance
Provides NT business with funding of up 50% of project costs for projects that promote economic development in regional NT.
Who can apply:
At a minimum, you must:
- be an incorporated body and/or legal entity or a local partnership between private enterprise
- demonstrate significant economic benefit to the region.
Other eligibility requirements may apply.
The Regional Economic Development Fund (REDF) supports business and industry in all regions of the Northern Territory. Funding is available for projects which:
- are practical, with tangible outcomes
- are delivered by local people from the NT
- provide sustainable local employment
- support local partnerships and collaboration
- deliver local infrastructure to create new economic opportunties and business growth
- encourage increased investment in the region
- improve regional capability.
Grants are available to fund up to 50% of project costs. The other 50% must be matched through funding from yourself or other partners, including the Australian Government, private or philantrophic organisations.
To be eligible, you must be either:
- an incorporated body and/or legal entity
- a local partnership between private enterprise organisations, or
- a not-for-profit community organisation/group or local government based in the NT.
Individuals or individual businesses may be accepted if they can demonstrate significant economic development benefit to the region.
Funding cannot be used for:
- recurring maintenance or operational costs, such as rent, service charges or administration
- outstanding debts from a completed project
- fundraising, promotional or charitable events
- wages and salaries.
Find out more about the eligibility criteria at Regional Economic Development Fund.
How to apply
To apply, fill in the application form and submit it to your local economic development officer.
Find out more about how to apply at Regional Economic Development Fund.