Regional Filming Fund
At a glance
Provides Australian film projects that are filming in regional NSW with funding of up to $100,000 to offset the costs associated with shooting a film in regional areas.
Who can apply:
At a minimum, you must:
- have at least one key creative (writer, producer or director) based in NSW
- film in regional NSW for a minimum of five days
- spend at least 50% of the total budget in NSW.
Other eligibility requirements may apply.
The Regional Filming Fund (RFF) offsets costs associated with shooting in regional areas of NSW. Regional NSW is defined as all areas in NSW outside the Sydney Metro area (excluding the ACT). View the map of the NSW local government areas and the Sydney Metro area.
Applicants may request up to 35% of the budgeted NSW Regional Spend. Support is provided as a grant. The maximum grant per production is $100,000.
NSW Regional Spend is the total of the below the line shooting expenses directly associated with filming in regional NSW. Eligible NSW Regional Spend expenses are limited to:
- location fees
- travel (for cast and crew traveling from other parts of NSW)
- per diems
- local suppliers & services (e.g. construction contractors, security, traffic control etc.)
- salaries for regionally based cast and crew.
Regional spend does not include any above-the-line expenses (including development expenses), indirect costs, company overheads, contingency or post-production expenses.
The following eligibility criteria apply:
- at least one of the Key Creatives must be NSW based
- the production company must be registered in NSW and have its principal place of business in NSW
- the production must film on location in Regional NSW for a minimum of five shooting days
- at least 50% of the total budget must be expended in NSW
- productions must be fully financed at the time of application, with the exception of contributions being sought from Screen NSW and other state, federal or international agencies (Note: Screen NSW will only consider an application where those agencies have confirmed their contribution or if the application has been submitted to a funding round running concurrently with the Screen NSW round)
- productions that have been shortlisted for Screen Australia's Documentary Production Producer Program or Multi-Platform Drama Fund may apply
- feature films must have distribution in place
- television drama, narrative comedy and factual/documentary programs must have a financial commitment from a broadcaster, subscription service or distributor.
Your application will be competitively assessed against the following criteria:
- the level, nature and quality of the proposed NSW and regional spend
- the track record, including the financial track record, and experience of the applicant and any Key Creatives.
Screen NSW may also take into account the diversity of productions and regions supported under the program.
Find out more about the eligibility criteria at Regional Filming Fund.
How to apply
Find out more about how to apply at Regional Filming Fund.