Regional Sports Infrastructure Fund
At a glance
Provides enterprises with funding for projects of over $1 million to develop regional sporting facilities and infrastructure.
Who can apply:
At a minimum, you must:
- be investing in one of the eligible 92 regional local government areas
- be able to make a significant financial or in-kind contribution towards the cost of the project
- spend the funding within three years of approval being granted.
Other eligibility requirements may apply.
The Regional Sports Infrastructure Fund provides funding to create spaces and facilities for communities to enjoy and take part in sport.
Funding is targeted towards investments of over $1 million, and you will be expected to make a significant or in-kind contribution towards the cost of the project.
To apply, you must be either:
- a local government authority in one of the 92 regional local government areas, Lord Howe Island or the Unincorporated Far West
- a state sporting organisation
- an incorporated, community-based not-for-profit sporting organisation
- an educational organisation
- a private enterprise.
For your project to be considered eligible, the land on which any facility is to be developed must be either:
- Crown reserve land
- land owned by a public authority
- municipal property
- land held for public purposes by trustees under a valid lease, title or trust deed that adequately protects the interests of the public
- private land that benefits the community's interests in sport and active recreation.
Find out more about the eligibility criteria at Regional Sports Infrastructure Fund.
How to apply
Find out more about how to apply at Regional Sports Infrastructure Fund.