Small and Medium Enterprises (SME) Export Hubs
At a glance
Provides grants from $150,000 to $1.5 million to help establish and/or operate Small and Medium Enterprises (SME) export hubs in the six Growth Centre sectors. The export hubs will work with Growth Centres to facilitate SME export opportunities.
The Small and Medium Enterprises (SME) grant opportunity will support SME Export Hubs in the development of local, regional and Indigenous brands through business collaborations in the identified areas of competitive strength.
This grant opportunity complements existing initiatives, such as those delivered through the Export Finance Australia (former Efic), the Australian Trade and Investment Commission - Austrade, the Entrepreneurs’ Programme, and the Industry Growth Centres Initiative.
SMEs may be local, regional, remote and/or Indigenous.
The objectives of the grant opportunity are to:
- support the establishment and/or operation of SME export hubs (export hubs) in the six Growth Centre sectors:
- Advanced Manufacturing
- Cyber Security
- Food and Agribusiness
- Medical Technologies and Pharmaceuticals
- Mining Equipment, Technology and Services
- Oil, Gas and Energy Resources.
- support SME development through facilitation of export opportunities and working with the Growth Centres.
The minimum grant amount is $150,000.
The maximum grant amount is $1.5 million.
The grant amount is up to 50 per cent of eligible project costs.
The maximum grant period is four years and projects must be complete by 30 June 2022.
How to apply
Applications to the program are closed.
A webinar was held on Friday 7 December 2018 to inform stage 2 applicants about the services available to them from organisations such as Austrade, the Export Finance Australia and the Export Council of Australia.
A webinar was held on 2 October with information:
- on the SME Export Hubs Initiative and the application process
- on the Growth Centres and their priorities
- from industry clustering experts on how an export hub could be operated.
- Grant opportunity guidelines
- Sample grant agreement - simple
- Frequently asked questions
- Guidance on growth centre priorities
View the successful applicants for the Small and Medium Enterprises Export Hubs Grant Opportunity.