Small Business Grants VIC
At a glance
Provides small businesses within the City of Melbourne with funding of up to $30,000 to start up and grow.
Who can apply:
At a minimum, you must:
- be located within the City of Melbourne municipality
- have an Australian Business Number (ABN)
- have 20 or fewer employees
Other eligibility requirements may apply.
The City of Melbourne's Small business grants program helps innovative small businesses located in Melbourne start-up and grow. The program provides financial assistance to support market-ready products and services that will enhance Melbourne's innovative and creative reputation.
Support is available in a number of categories:
- Start-up - supports new and creative small businesses in starting up. Grants up to $30,000 are available.
- Business expansion - assist existing businesses that are introducing innovative services or products to grow. Grants of up to $30,000 are available.
- Export - encourage and support businesses to enter and expand into new overseas markets. Applicants may apply under two sub-categories; new exporter and current exporter. Grants of up to $10,000 are available.
To be eligible, you must:
- have your business located in the municipality of Melbourne (if your business is not located within the municipality, you must be planning to re-locate within the next three months)
- have 20 or fewer full-time equivalent employees
- have a registered Australian Business Number (ABN)
- have an appropriate legal business structure
- have a proposal that creates employment opportunities and increases the level of business investment in the City of Melbourne
- introduce a completely new product / service into your company portfolio (business expansion only)
- increase the overall value and volume of exports from the City of Melbourne (export only)
Find out more about the eligibility criteria at Small Business Grants Program.
How to apply
Find out more about how to apply at Small Business Grants Program.