Small Business Grants VIC
At a glance
Provides small businesses within the City of Melbourne with funding of up to $30,000 to start up and grow.
Who can apply:
At a minimum, you must:
- be located within the City of Melbourne boundaries
- have an Australian Business Number (ABN)
- have 20 or fewer employees.
Other eligibility requirements may apply.
The City of Melbourne's Small business grants program helps innovative small businesses located in Melbourne start-up and grow. The program provides financial assistance to support market-ready products and services that will enhance Melbourne's innovative and creative reputation.
Support is available in a number of categories:
- Start-up - supports new and creative small businesses in starting up. Grants up to $30,000 are available.
- Business expansion - assist existing businesses that are introducing innovative services or products to grow. Grants of up to $30,000 are available.
- Export entry - encourage and support businesses to enter and expand into new overseas markets. Applicants may apply under two sub-categories; new exporter and current exporter. Grants of up to $10,000 are offered on a matched-funding basis.
To be eligible, you must:
- have your business located in the municipality of Melbourne (if your business is not located within the municipality, you must be planning to re-locate within the next three months)
- have 20 or fewer full-time equivalent employees
- have a registered Australian Business Number (ABN)
- have an appropriate legal business structure.
Your proposal needs to:
- be innovative and creative with a strong point of difference
- have a product or service that is market-ready
- deliver benefits to the City of Melbourne
- be financially viable
- be able to proceed without grant funding.
Find out more about the eligibility criteria at Small Business Grants Program.
How to apply
Find out more about how to apply at Small Business Grants Program.