Small Business Rebate NSW
At a glance
Provides small business owners in NSW with a rebate of up to $500 to buy and install eligible safety items to address safety risks at their place of business.
Who can apply:
At a minimum, you must:
- have an Australian Business Number (ABN)
- have attended an eligible NSW SafeWork event or had an advisory visit from a SafeWork NSW officer
- employ less than 50 people.
Other eligibility requirements may apply.
The small business rebate provides a rebate to small business owners when they implement solutions for safety problems in their workplace.
Rebates of up to $500 are available when purchasing eligible safety items.
To be eligible, you must:
- be a small business or sole trader in NSW
- employ less than 50 full time employees or equivalent
- have attended an eligible free SafeWork NSW safety workshop, webinar, event or had an advisory visit from a SafeWork NSW officer
- buy and install eligible safety equipment in your workplace
- be conducting a commercial business producing goods or providing services in NSW
- not have previously received a small business rebate from SafeWork or WorkCover NSW.
For a list of eligible safety equipment, see the application form at Small Business Rebates.
Find out more about the eligibility criteria at Small Business Rebates.
How to apply
To apply, first attend a free SafeWork safety event, webinar, or have an advisory visit from a SafeWork officer.
Find out more about how to apply at Small Business Rebates.